Why join GEA?
- Educate: GEA produces and disseminates feminist and other critical scholarship on gender and education.
- Campaign: GEA campaigns for educational change, lobbying for gender equality and responding to national and international issues.
- Advocate: GEA raises awareness about international, national and local policies and practices relating to gender and education.
- Focus: At the heart of GEA’s vision and mission is our focus on equity, inclusion, and diversity
- Collaborate: GEA collaborates with other organisations and networks to achieve shared visions for educational and gender equality
- Empower: GEA empowers researchers and educators with the knowledge required to develop reflective, intersectional, and critical pedagogies that promote social justice.
- Promote: GEA promotes the research, teaching practices, and achievements of our members.
- Fund: GEA offers funding opportunities to host conferences and events and offers financial assistance to low-income members.
- Support: GEA provides support for all of our members, from student and postgraduate student to early, mid, and late career members.
- Network: GEA builds community through our networks to encourage the exchange of teachers, students, academics, youth workers and policy makers.
- Grow: GEA’s greatest strength is our members, so join us to help us grow and thrive to achieve our vision of gender equality and transformative education.
The Gender and Education Association provides members with:
- Access to, and support from, a feminist network through, for example, email lists, day seminars and conferences, and regional meetings
- Reduced rates for: personal subscriptions to the journal Gender and Education; the Gender and Education international conference; GEA seminars and other events
- Financial assistance for low-income members to attend GEA conferences and seminars
- Regular GEA newsletters to keep members up-to-date with research, policy and practice relating to gender and education
- Funding to host conferences, seminars and other events
- Researcher and practitioner awards to sponsor high quality work on gender and education
- An active student network
How to Join or Renew Membership
Membership is open to anyone (for example: education practitioners, activists, academics, students, community leaders, artists, researchers, policymakers, managers, administrators) who has interests in the field of Gender and Education. It is easy to join GEA, or renew your current membership. Simply choose from one of the membership options below and click on the relevant Paypal button. If you are renewing, just select the membership option in the same way. This will take you to a secure server to make your credit card payment. You do not need to be a Paypal member to use this facility. (*Please note that you will receive a payment acknowledgement by email from Paypal. However, Paypal will never email you again for any personal or payment details – see Online Security here).
Once the Paypal payment has gone through, processing your membership can take up to 48 or 72 hours after which you will receive your membership record and number. Please check your junk folder for the confirmation e-mail.
For any questions about your GEA membership, please contact our Membership Officer Audrey Jean via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Full time students are entitled to reduced membership fees. If you come from a low income country, you may be entitled to a reduced fee – find out which countries qualify here.
Important information if you are paying for someone else:
Memberships are processed with the details of the Paypal account holder who is making the transaction. If you are paying on behalf of someone else, could you please email the Membership Administrator at email@example.com immediately with your details (Paypal account holder) and the details of the person intended to have the membership (full name, address, email address). This is to ensure the memberships are given to the right person and that the records are up to date. Thank you.
Click only one of the Paypal icons below to purchase membership
|1 year standard GEA membership||£30|
|1 year standard GEA membership and 1 year subscription to the Gender & Education journal||£64|
|1 year reduced/student GEA membership (proof of eligibility required)||£15|
|1 year reduced/student GEA membership (proof of eligibility required) and 1 year subscription to Gender & Education journal||£49|
|GEA life membership||£270|
|GEA life membership and 1 year subscription to Gender & Education journal||£304|
|1 year subscription to Gender & Education journal (LIFE MEMBERS ONLY)||£34|
|Back copy of Gender & Education Journal (you must email the Membership Secretary prior to ordering)||£6|
How we compare to other organisations
|Organisation||Discounted conf/ event registration||Access to association public documents||Access to association grants & rewards||Attendance at AGM||Opportunity to be elected to executive||Opportunity to host annual conference||SI Gs||Discounted journals||Discounted other assoc conferences||Dedicated area on website|
|Yes||Yes (additional fee)||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||No||Yes||Yes||No|