The Gender and Education Association (GEA) is a volunteer-led international intersectional feminist charity.
Since 1997, our community of educators, researchers, activists, leaders, artists, and more have been working to challenge and eradicate gender stereotyping, sexism, and gender inequality within and through education.
UK charity number: 1159145
GEA seeks to:
- Produce, promote and disseminate feminist and other critical scholarship on gender and education.
- Raise awareness about international, national and local policies and practices relating to gender and education.
- Inform and ‘educate’ policy makers by campaigning for educational change, lobbying for gender equality and responding to national and international issues.
- Create networks to encourage and generate the exchange of information and ideas between teachers, managers, academics and policy makers.
- Embed within teaching and learning practices a commitment to achieving gender equality.
- Update educators with the knowledge required to develop reflective and critical pedagogies that promote social justice.
We welcome anyone with interests in gender and education, both formal and informal forms of education.