GEA Funding Call 2021
The Gender and Education Association (GEA) are delighted to announce a funding call for 2021, which will fund two £1,500 research projects.
Projects should be aligned with the aims of the Gender and Education Association. We especially welcome projects that provoke conversations attentive to the complexity of gender and education in the challenging times in which we are living.
Proposals should be 1,500-2,000 words (maximum) and include:
- Project title
- An introduction that explains your interest in this area of study and motivation for submitting a proposal
- The research aims, objectives and questions
- The design and methodology for the study
- The composition of the research team, their particular roles and contributions to the project, and evidence of their experience and expertise in brief
- A project timeline
- A budget that outlines the key costs for the project
- References (excluded from the word limit)
- An appendix containing a brief CV (2 pages maximum) for the Principal Investigator/Project Lead (excluded from the word limit)
We require that the proposed Principal Investigator/Project Lead is a current member of GEA (please include your GEA membership number at the top of your proposal). We welcome applications from feminists from anywhere in the world, at any career stage (including students).
Proposed projects will be peer reviewed by the GEA executive against the following criteria:
- Project alignment with the aims/purpose of the Gender and Education Association
- Clarity of the proposed project (research aims, objectives, questions)
- Suitability of the study design (methodology, timeline, budget) and team
Wednesday 30th June 2021 Please submit the project proposal and the 2 page CV to: GenderAndEd@gmail.com
The successful project teams will be notified no later than Wednesday 1st August 2021.
Funded projects will be expected to:
- Write a short piece (a position piece or blog post) for the Gender and Education Association website;
- Submit an interim (one side of A4) and final research report (four sides of A4);
- Present findings through a GEA seminar presentation in 2022 (virtual or in person).
Projects must be completed by 31st February 2022 (excluding the seminar presentation in 2022).
The Gender and Education Association is a volunteer-led international intersectional feminist charity. Since 1997, our community of educators, researchers, activists, leaders, artists, and more have been working to challenge and eradicate gender stereotyping, sexism, and gender inequality within and through education. UK charity number: 1159145