GEA Funding Call 2022
The Gender and Education Association (GEA) are delighted to announce a funding call. Since 2022 marks GEA’s 25th anniversary and this year we will fund one project for £2,500.
Projects should be aligned with the aims of the Gender and Education Association. In honour of our 25 years of fighting for gender equality within and through education, we especially welcome projects that reflect on the last 25 years of research, teaching, and/or activism related to gender, sexuality, and education and/or looks to the future of where we are or where we should be heading in our research, teaching, and/or activism related to gender, sexuality, and education.
Proposals should be 1,500-2,000 words (maximum) and include:
- Project title
- An introduction that explains your interest in this area of study and motivation for submitting a proposal
- The research aims, objectives and questions
- The design and methodology for the study
- The composition of the research team, their particular roles and contributions to the project, and evidence of their experience and expertise in brief
- A project timeline
- A budget that outlines the key costs for the project
- References (excluded from the word limit)
- An appendix containing a brief CV (2 pages maximum) for the Principal Investigator/Project Lead (excluded from the word limit)
We require that the proposed Principal Investigator/Project Lead is a current member of GEA (please include your GEA membership number at the top of your proposal). We welcome applications from feminists from anywhere in the world, at any career stage (including students).
Proposed projects will be peer reviewed by the GEA executive against the following criteria:
- Project alignment with the aims/purpose of the Gender and Education Association
- Clarity of the proposed project (research aims, objectives, questions)
- Suitability of the study design (methodology, timeline, budget) and team
Monday 17th October 2022 Please submit the project proposal and the 2 page CV to: GenderAndEd@gmail.com
Funded projects will be expected to:
- Write a short piece (a position piece or blog post) for the Gender and Education Association website;
- Submit an interim (one side of A4) and final research report (four sides of A4);
- Present findings through a GEA seminar presentation in 2022 (virtual or in person).
- 30 June 2022: Call for proposals launches
- 17 October 2022: Deadline for proposal submissions
- 5 December 2022: Decisions shared
- 1 January 2023: Anticipated project start date for awarded project (though you may start as soon as funding has been provided)
- 24 April 2023: Write a short piece (a blog post of around 750 words) for the Gender and Education Association website
- 31 May 2023: An interim report (one side of A4, detailing progress to date)
- 29 September 2023: Project must be completed by this date
- 30 November 2023: final research report (four sides of A4, template provided)
- Oct, Nov, or Dec 2023: Dissemination of project findings through a GEA virtual seminar.
The Gender and Education Association is a volunteer-led international intersectional feminist charity. Since 1997, our community of educators, researchers, activists, leaders, artists, and more have been working to challenge and eradicate gender stereotyping, sexism, and gender inequality within and through education. UK charity number: 1159145