This year, this page serves as an online, virtual #GEAconf2019conference running simultaneously during the week of the conference, featuring selected papers or presentations with notes from accepted presenters who were unable to attend the conference in person. This is inspired by the Feminist and Women’s Studies Association (FWSA) virtual conference in 2017.
Moderated online discussion forums will enable interaction for GEA members to comment, discuss, and engage with the virtual papers/presentations during and after conference 2019.
Presenters could choose to include their paper/presentation in the virtual conference in four ways:
- A brief paper with references
- Slide presentation with written notes for each slide
- Slides with embedded audio with a transcript
- Slides presented by video with a transcript
Please review/read/watch the presentations/papers below and join the discussion in the comments beneath each paper/presentation. Please note: comments may take time to appear as they are moderated.
- Presentation Title: Does it really matter? The under-representation of women at academic business conferences; Presenters: Dr Trudie Walters, Najmeh Hassanli and Wiebke Finkler
- Presentation Title: “You’re studying dental nursing, not dentistry”: exploring the undergraduate experiences of BAME dental students- initial findings from a qualitative study;Presenter: Dr Patricia Neville
- Presentation Title: Sexual Harassment of Working Women in Southwest Nigeria; Presenter: Dr Florence Foluso Akanle
- Presentation Title: Youth Agency, Peer Influence and Sexual Relationships: An Analysis from Four Tanzanian Secondary Schools; Presenters: Dr Laura Wangsness Willemsen and Anna Ndesamburo Stainsby
- Presentation Title: Women Achievement Motivation in Neoliberal Context: A Study of Intersection of Caste and Class in a University in Delhi; Presenter: Richa Rana
- Presentation Title: A study of the beliefs and practices of mothers regarding Homework; Presenter: Sonali Aggarwal
- Presentation Title: Masquerade Society: Consequences of Code Switching on Black Women’s Self Conceptions; Presenter: Chanel Prince
- Presentation Title: To Study the attitude of female teacher trainees and government school teachers towards inclusive education; Presenter: Poonam Kumari
- Presentation Title: Tutus for all: Pedagogical practices for including boys and gender non-conforming children in ballet; Presenter: Laura Feltham
- Presentation Title: Becoming and performing gender in a Peruvian indigenous kindergarten; Presenter: Mervi Hakoniemi
- Presentation Title: Children’s “Beauty” Discourses and Critical Media Literacy; Presenter: Galatia Kallitsi
- Presentation Title: Roma People Education in Croatia: Between Interculturalism and Invisibility; Presenters: Marija Dejanović
Tweet about the virtual papers/presentations using the conference hashtag: #GEAconf2019